PTSD: National Center for PTSD
With the release of DSM-5, the National Center for PTSD is working to revise and validate a number of PTSD assessments.
The following measures have been updated to include DSM-5 criteria for PTSD:
- Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 (CAPS-5).
- Clinician-Administered PTSD Scale for DSM-5 - Child/Adolescent Version (CAPS-CA-5)
- Dissociative Subtype of PTSD Scale (DSPS)
- PTSD Checklist for DSM-5 (PCL-5)
- Life Events Checklist for DSM-5 (LEC-5)
- Primary Care PTSD Screen for DSM-5 (PC-PTSD-5)
We recommend you subscribe to our PTSD Monthly Update to receive emails with PTSD news, information, and relevant products. Updates to assessment tools will be included in this resource.
Measure availability: We provide information on a variety of measures assessing trauma and PTSD. These measures are intended for use by qualified mental health professionals and researchers. Measures authored by National Center staff are available as direct downloads or by request. Measures developed outside of the National Center can be requested via contact information available on the information page for the specific measure.
Other sources of information on measures and how to obtain them include: