Attention A T users. To access the menus on this page please perform the following steps. 1. Please switch auto forms mode to off. 2. Hit enter to expand a main menu option (Health, Benefits, etc). 3. To enter and activate the submenu links, hit the down arrow. You will now be able to tab or arrow up or down through the submenu options to access/activate the submenu links.

PTSD: National Center for PTSD


Quick Links

Veterans Crisis Line Badge
My healthevet badge
EBenefits Badge

Get Help with VA PTSD Care, Benefits, or Claims



This section is for Veterans, General Public, Family, & Friends

This section is for Veterans, General Public, Family, and Friends

Get Help with VA PTSD Care, Benefits, or Claims

To get help with issues related to quality of care, you can contact several people at the VA Medical Center near you. The National Center for PTSD does not provide advocacy services. If you are not satisfied with the services that you are receiving, all VA Medical Centers have the following personnel:

  • Patient Representative/Advocate
    This person's job is to help make sure you are satisfied with your care. If this person does not help, you can then contact the VA Medical Center Director's Office.
  • OEF/OIF Program Manager
    If you served in the more recent conflicts, you can approach the OEF/OIF Program Manager at your local VA. Their job is also to help coordinate your care.

To get help if you are having problems with benefits or claims, contact:

  • VA Benefits Information
    1-800-827-1000. Includes disability, pension, education, burial, and other Veterans' benefits. Please be aware that the National Center for PTSD does not provide any services related to benefits, and we do not have any additional information on the new rules.
  • VA Health Benefits
    Call 1-877-222-VETS (8387) or visit the Claim Appeals to get information on your claim.
  • Veterans Service Organizations (VSO's)
    VSOs, such as Disabled American Veterans (DAV), Vietnam Veterans of America (VVA), and others, are a resource that service members and Veterans can use to understand VA benefits and services. VA is updating its list of VSO's so you can search for VSOs at the Office of General Counsel's Accreditation page.
  • State Veterans Affairs Offices
    In addition to the federal VA, every state has an office of Veterans affairs. These offices have personnel that can advocate for you and help with VA claims and paperwork.
Date this content was last updated is at the bottom of the page.

The National Center for PTSD does not provide direct clinical care, individual referrals or benefits information.

PTSD Information Voice Mail:
(802) 296-6300
Contact Us:
Also see: VA Mental Health